In January 2011, San Sebastián received the SICTED 2010 Best Tourist Quality Destination Award, in recognition of its work to promote, foster and improve the quality of its tourist services.
Since 2008, the year San Sebastián Tourism & Convention Bureau joined the Quality System for Tourist Destinations (SICTED), the tourist company has worked hard to obtain recognition of San Sebastián as a quality destination. Thanks to the on-going quest for continued improvement and quality by San Sebastián Tourism & Convention Bureau, the city ranks high on the list of excellent tourist services.
Euskadi para todos
In 2011, San Sebastián Tourism & Convention Bureau obtained the highest qualification in the Tourist Accessibility Model, granted by the Basque Government. This model has 5 points, and different grades are awarded for each one.
The San Sebastián Tourism & Convention Bureau is one of the few establishments to have achieved the green accessibility level for all five points:
- Physical functional diversity: a wide entrance, brochures at different heights, rest areas, etc.
- Visual functional diversity: large signs, a braille guide, etc.
- Auditory functional diversity.
- Intellectual functional diversity.
- Organic functional diversity: specific guides for allergy-sufferers.
DO’S AND DON’TS FOR THE RESPONSIBLE TOURIST
Things you can do to enjoy San Sebastian like a true local: Do’s and Don’ts for the Responsible Tourist