Are you coming to the Musical Fortnight?
- 2016 May 25
One of Europe´s oldest and most prestigious music festivals awaits you. Each year, the Musical Fortnight in San Sebastian offers the best concerts and performances of classical music. A select program that combines the excellence of the great talents on the international scene with the magic of an unforgettable setting: San Sebastian.
Choose a performance, and get ready to enjoy your visit with this ideas!
You can´t miss them...
- Eating a pintxo in the Old Town: Going for pintxos in San Sebastián's Old Town is a way to learn about our culture; you’ll enjoy laughs and conversation as you stay on the move, visit busy bars and generally have a great time.
- Having your picture taken in the Concha Bay: The Concha Bay is San Sebastián’s snapshot par excellence: it is the most typical, the one most pictures are taken of, the most visited... The Concha Beach is right in the city centre; from the City Hall to the Pico del Loro point, its 1½ kilometres of white sand are remarkable for their elegance and surrounding buildings (it will come as no surprise that it is recognised as one of the best city beaches in Europe).
- Enjoying the parks and nature: San Sebastián has a marvellous natural green landscape, surrounded by mountains and with numerous parks and gardens. Discover our mountains, parks and gardens and enjoy the city's most natural side
- Taking a seven kilometre stroll from the Zurriola beach to the Peine del Viento sculptures: This stroll offers you the chance to discover all three beaches in San Sebastián. On coming to the Peine del Viento, simply relax and enjoy the beauty of the spot.
Get ready to take to the streets, because San Sebastián is like a huge open-air shopping centre. Although at Easter some shops close, many others stay open, above all in Downtown and the Old Town. If...
- You’d like to find a souvenir of San Sebastián... Basque crafts for instance
- You'd like to find a little something for your partner... in the heaps of fashion boutiques
- You’d like something for your children... check out our quality toy shops
- You want to look your best in the photographs... the best hairdressers' perfume shops, y jewellers’, and much more.
- No doubt about it, what you need is our shopping map!
Time is short to get to know the city ... but don't despair! Let the experts take you round the major highlights of the city in only 120 minutes:
- If you want to visit the Old Town (Parte Vieja), take the San Sebastián Essential guided tour.
- If you want to discover the rich cultural tradition of the European Capital of Culture 2016 on foot with a professional guide San Sebastián Cultural guided tour.
- And if you want to take a closer look at our typical pintxo culture, sign up for the “Pintxos of San Sebastián”, guided tour including three pintxos and three drinks.
WHERE TO EAT?
You’re in San Sebastián! … The foodie Mecca, the crème de la crème of good eating and finger-licking cuisine. Here you'll find whatever you want, from Michelin stars (did you know that San Sebastián is the city with most Michelin stars per square metre in the world?) to pintxo bars, vegetarian options, cider houses, restaurants serving international cuisine... As many suggestions as there are colours. Don’t waste time, consult our Restaurant Guide.
Program of the Musical Fortnight
As always, we’ll be delighted to answer your questions at the Tourist Office.
|From Monday to Saturday||09:00 - 19:00|
|Sunday||10:00 - 14:00|